Wednesday 14 November 2012

Spartan Beast- T -3 days!

Well the prep is all done. Sunday 18th @ 1000 I'll be setting off in the elite heat of the UK London Spartan Beast. I must admit, I'm feeling great but I am concerned about my cardio, or lack thereof. It's been really tricky recently to get solid training in. The Wife and Oscar have both been very ill recently, which has limited the time I've been able to spend training.


The worst part has been running- I've been unable to get in more than about 40 minutes running at a time, enough to get in 10k at most. I've tried to combat this with as many hill sprints and skip sessions using the Training Mask as possible which has been killing my lungs. I've also tried putting my legs through as much training as possible that will simulate what I'll be doing. Plenty of lunging, squatting and crawling.

Finally the normal sled drags, tyre flips and bodyweight stuff.

I'm feeling great, but over 12 miles at full pace and all those obstacles.... Well bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment