Sunday 13 January 2013

Tough Guy.... Almost missed it!

It suddenly dawned on me this evening that I hadn't actually signed up for Tough Guy yet! Bugger!

I've been looking forward to this  run as one of "The big 3"- I've done Tough Mudder and the Spartan Beast, but like most Tough Guy is the original test. I would be absolutely gutted if I couldn't make it! 


Luckily, registration is still open. Only just, but still open. Expensive at £85, but that's my own fault and if it's as good as the 10km Tough Guy was that we did as part of the Tough-Guy-Tri event, I know it'll be worth it. 

As far as training goes, it's only 15km so I don't think distance will be a problem. The only issue is that I have been bulking since Boxing Day. I'm coming on 8kg up in weight and have only been doing a very little running, 8Km at most recently. As I'vebeen bulking, all training has been "Low and slow". 

I've got 2 weeks to get back in to shape- Plenty of cardio and circuits should help quite a lot, but it's going to be a squeeze!

I want to look forward to enjoying this one and not be competitive. Not sure that'll happen on the day :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment